Tidying the Homestead


The big yardscaping push after extensive travel is winding down to the “ongoing maintenance” of summertime, when the living ain’t exactly easy trying to keep three or four acres of hillside under control.  The grass was so deep here it took three back-to-back-to-back mowings to get it under control, some even required using the DR brush mower.

I am hoping we are now down to a routine weekly mowing, but even then it takes two or three days to get it all done.

One of the unexpected tasks on our return was to rebuild the split rail fences alongside the driveway.  While we were gone there was such severe weather that sections were blown over, and if one section of stacked split rail fence goes down you pretty much have to restack the whole length.

I made a couple rookie mistakes on the photos.  First, I did not take a “Before” picture of the split rail fence all falled down, and 2) I forgot to check the camera settings which had been adjusted to reflect much different light conditions of a different project.


I am trying to get caught up enough to begin erecting the greenhouse by the end of next week.  Wish me luck.